Reuters - A U.S. federal court jury on Wednesday awarded a Colorado man $7.2 million in damages for developing a chronic condition known as popcorn lung from a chemical used in flavoring microwave popcorn. Jurors agreed with the claims by Wayne Watson, 59, that the popcorn manufacturer and the supermarket chain that sold it were negligent by failing to warn on labels that the butter flavoring, diacetyl, was dangerous. The condition is a form of obstructive lung disease that makes it difficult for air to flow out of the lungs and is irreversible, according to WebMd. Watson, of suburban Denver, was the first consumer of microwave popcorn diagnosed with the disease, bronchiolitis obliterans, his attorney Kenneth McClain said. - Go To Story
Thursday, September 20, 2012
 
WARNING: This article is 794 days old. If it is no longer active, try one of these solutions:
RELATED NEWS ARTICLES
Claims Yellow Pages
ADD YOUR
BUSINESS


REQUEST A FREE
PRINT DIRECTORY
SEARCH & BROWSE
ALL CATEGORIES
Active Users: 3575
WEBSERVER 1